One of the hardest parts of planning a trip has to be determining what to pack. For that very reason, we’ve created this guide for you!
Knox County is a very casual place. For walking around our many sites and museums, shopping downtown, or even going out to eat breakfast or lunch, wearing jeans or shorts, and a t-shirt is perfectly acceptable. However, there are a few times when you might want to dress up a bit; for example, if you’re grabbing dinner at The Cafe Moonlight or Procopio’s. Keep reading for our complete list.
- 2 Pairs of casual clothes – Casual clothes such as jeans, shorts, and t-shirts are great outfit choices for walking in and around our many historic sites. And because there is so much to see and do here, one pair of clothes just won’t be enough!
- One Fancy Outfit – Dressing up every once in a while can be fun! While most of our restaurants in town are casual, there are a few where it is better to dress up.
- A Light Jacket – It can be pretty chilly here in Knox County in the morning and sometimes in the evening. If you’re planning on going out and getting breakfast, or taking a stroll along the Riverwalk, we’d recommend bringing a light jacket or sweater along with you to keep you warm.
- Shoes – One thing you definitely won’t want to forget is a pair of comfortable walking shoes! With so much to do and see, and with nearly all of our historic sites being within one mile of each other, a pair of good walking shoes is essential.
- Sun Protection – Sun protection such as a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses are essential for any midwest visit. Not only will you want to keep the sun out of your eyes while touring the outdoor exhibits at the Indiana Military Museum, but also for those casual strolls downtown or for when you stop at one of our many farm stands and agritourism sites.
- Bug Spray – Sadly, like most places, we aren’t immune to bugs here in Knox County. Bug spray is always good to have on hand for any vacation, especially for how many outdoor sites and attractions we have.
- A Camera – Although smartphones take great pictures, nothing beats the range that you can get with a good camera. Trust us, there are plenty of moments you won’t want to miss, and so much beautiful scenery to be captured!
Luckily, if you forget anything we have plenty of shops and small businesses that offer everything you could possibly need and more.
We can’t wait to see you all in Knox County this summer!