This week’s forecast calls for rain, but that doesn’t mean that you have to stay at home! There are plenty of things to do around Knox County to keep everyone entertained for hours every day. Below are some of our recommendations.
- Pick up a new book at the Knox County Public Library, and then head to Graze 1885 or I’Mpressed Coffee Company to get warm drink and a pastry before settling in with your new read. (Be sure to snag a window seat for the ultimate rainy-day vibe 😉)
- Tickle your funny bone and learn more about Vincennes’ own famous comedian at the Red Skelton Museum of American Comedy.
- Get some retail therapy at one of our many locally owned business’ along Main Street in downtown Vincennes.
- Try out a new exercise class at Elements.
- Embrace your creative side and let your mind wonder at one of our many art galleries in downtown Vincennes; Art Space Vincennes, the Northwest Territory Art Guild, and the Open Gallery. For information on current exhibits, click here.
- Go treasure hunting at our local antique stores.
- Spend a day away from the kitchen and have lunch or dinner at one of our local restaurants.
- Head north of town to Apple Hill Orchard and pick up some fresh produce along with a freshly baked pie and homemade donuts to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Work on your green thumb by heading to Halter’s Market and picking out some new plants for your home.
- Practice your golf swing at Wagner Farms under their covered driving range.
- Brush up on your Indiana history by visiting the George Rogers Clark National Historic Park and the Vincennes State Historic Sites.
- Check out one of the most comprehensive collections of military artifacts at the Indiana Military Museum.
- Track your ancestors down at the McGrady Brockman Genealogical Research Center.
- Have a wine slushie at Windy Knoll Winery, or grab a craft brew at the Vincennes Brewing Company.
- Settle in for a staycation at the Reily Home Bed and Breakfast in Vincennes, located on the corner of 8th and Buntin.
Don’t forget to screenshot or print off our checklist; and to tag us in your posts on Instagram, Facebook, and Tik Tok as you check items off! Be sure to also use the hashtags #visitvincennes and #visitknoxco .
We can’t wait to see how YOU discover Knox County this week!