September 2, 2023 @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Dust off those old race cars or grab your kid’s cars and join us for an evening of racing at the brewery.
Feeling nostalgic? Make a pinewood derby car and compete in The Vincennes Brewing’s first PINTwood derby competition!
25$ – includes entry into the evening of racing plus 2 drink tickets to use for the evening.
Derby kits are available for purchase at the brewery for $7!
Stop by the Brewery to sign up.
Here are the rules:
5oz. Class Rules
– The main body structure must be made of wood. The car design may be enhanced by the addition of other stable materials such as plastic or metal. Any additions must be firmly attached and meet car size specifications.
– The car must meet the following specifications:
– Width: Maximum 2 3/4 inches
– Length including Wheels: Maximum 7 inches overall
– Weight: Maximum 5 ounces
– Height: not to exceed 3 inches
WHEELS – It needs to have 4 wheels.
AXLES – Metal Axles with a nail head are required.
WEIGHTS- All Weights are allowed but cannot exceed the 5oz rule.
You may add a driver figure, spoiler, seat, canopy, steering wheel, decals, paint or any other decorative accessories as long as these details do not cause the vehicle to exceed the maximum weight or size limits.
RACE CHECK IN
– Each car must pass inspection by the Official Derby Beer Committee before it may compete. Check in is Saturday September 2nd from 4:30pm to 5:30 pm.
– After a car has passed inspection, only race officials may handle the car.
– After check-in, car repairs are not allowed unless authorized by the Derby officials
Test and Tune:
Swing into the Brewery Friday, September 1st. The track will be set up for test runs from 6-8:30 pm.
Show And Shine:
From 5:30pm to 6:00pm we will have our Show and Shine. The public will get to vote for best in show.
Saturday, September 2nd. First Heat starts at 6:00pm! Late additions will not be honored.
1st-3rd place- must be present to win.
Best in Show for the Show and Shine
Just a reminder this is a 21 and over event.